Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall Wedding Cake




This cake was my entry into this year's NC State Fair for the Decorated Wedding Cakes competition! Fall being my absolute FAVORITE time of the year made my decision to make a Fall themed wedding cake a very easy one! Four tiers covered in ivory fondant, then trimmed with brown grosgrain ribbons and topped with gum paste leaves cascading down the side of the cake. For me, there's just no comparison to having an idea in your mind and seeing it come to life before your eyes - I was just so pleased with how this turned out and am so excited to put it in this year's fair! *Update!* Added picture showing the 3rd place ribbon I received for my cake at the 2010 NC State Fair! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment