Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

2018 NC State Fair Entries

Hi there! So, after a couple years' absence from the State Fair, I finally decided to enter again - two cakes this time! My first cake was, honestly - a last minute entry that I wasn't sure I was going to have time for since my primary entry had taken up so much of my time! I just wanted to have fun and push myself with this entry - I primarily make fondant covered cakes and really wanted to try some new (to me) techniques with an all-buttercream cake! And ironically enough, this cake ended up placing higher (1st place!) than the one I spent three weeks on lol! (You just never know!)

As for my second cake - wowee. I loved working on this project day after day...but by the end of it, I really was just ready to be DONE ;) I love the Pixar/Disney movie, "Up" and was inspired to make a cake replica of the house and balloons - so much fun! I ended up placing 3rd in the category for that cake, but am still so tremendously proud of that cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment