Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Holly and the Ivy







I relate a lot of things to music and even though there is no ivy on this cake, this song was going through my head while I was working on it, hence the post title! :) There has been sickness in my house for the past several days - YUCK! I've been itching to try some ideas for Christmas cakes, but didn't want to share germ-infested baked goods, so decided to decorate a styrofoam dummy cake (no calories whatsoever!) This was an 8" round layer cake covered with dark green fondant which I edged at the bottom with yellow fondant scrolls painted with gold luster dust. I then added yellow fondant drapes to the sides and painted those with gold luster dust as well. I cut out some red Christmas tree decorations and accented them with a little gold and some green holly leaves and red holly berries. All in all, I was pretty happy with how this turned out even though it looks almost nothing like my initial design! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment