Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Key Lime Cupcakes







I've done it! I've done it! (Let me point out I feel a bit like an evil Doctor in my laboratory at this point) One of my absolute favorite recipes of Summer is Key Lime Pie - just LOVE it!! The graham cracker crust, the refreshing tartness of the limes, the whipped cream on top - YUM! :) I've been searching high and low to find a cupcake recipe that I was happy with but to no avail, so I decided to work on my own combination until...finally today - SUCCESS!! I started with a brown sugar cupcake, combined that with a key lime curd filling, used a stabilized whipped cream icing, topped that with crushed graham crackers and finally some little beauties I picked up at A Southern Season - key lime flavored jelly candy slices! Voila! My masterpiece was complete! And the best thing - it tastes exactly as I wanted it to - it channels that key lime pie flavor so beautifully! I am a happy girl indeed! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment