Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lemon Curd Filled Cupcakes




The great (and sometimes not so great!) thing about being a baker is, if I'm craving something badly enough and I have the ingredients on hand (okay, having the time helps too - I'm a busy Mom) problem solved! Such was the case with these beauties! I'd had lemon curd on my mind - it's been forever since I've fixed it too, so why not brush up on my skills, right? Makes sense? :) I made vanilla butter cupcakes, filled them with my lemon curd and topped them off with this awesome buttercream that's not your traditional buttercream - it's completely smooth and creamy like meringue buttercream but uses all the ingredients of traditional buttercream - SO YUMMY! I piped it in a different pattern than I've used before - it looks like a pretty pink rosette on top of each cupcake - so pretty! Loved how they looked and craving was taken care of - mission accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment