Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

"Mounds" Inspired Cupcakes



Have to admit first off - I am not a fan of coconut. I love the scent, don't mind the flavor, but I just am not a fan of the texture - ick! Sorry to all the coconut fans out there, for me it's just too similar to tiny particles of plastic lol! However, when a good friend made the request that I come up with a "Mounds" inspired cupcake, I embraced the challenge wholeheartedly! I used a dark chocolate cupcake as the base and filled it with a dark chocolate ganache - yum! Then I made a buttercream icing but instead of using regular milk or whipping cream I thought I'd try coconut milk, which gave it a nice subtle hint of coconut flavor (still might add coconut extract next time to ramp up the flavor a bit more!) Then I topped it all off with a sprinkling of shredded coconut - altogether a lovely cupcake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment