Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Monday, August 22, 2011

"Sweet Romance" Cake Squares



Honestly, this isn't the type of project I normally take on - however, had a friend contact me late in the week with a cake "emergency"! She'd ordered cake squares from a "big box" store but they weren't going to be able to do the colors she needed (the closest they could come is hot pink and black? Really?!) Was there any way I could just do the decorations? Well, sure - why not! The cake came to me with a base coat of plain white buttercream - no frills or decorations whatsoever - a blank canvas, if you will! It was really a simple task to add fondant cutouts in the coordinating colors then buttercream piping details in gray to match the bridal shower decorations - all done! *Once again - I did not bake this cake, but I did have fun decorating it!* :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment