Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sugared Cranberry Cupcakes



So I'd had this idea in mind for a while, but as I'm really not that much of a cranberry person...it had to grow on me! Finally, curiosity just got the better of me (plus I had a cute idea for decorating these cupcakes) and I just had to try them! I used my vanilla bean cupcake recipe, then added the fresh cranberry filling, my vanilla bean buttercream and finally, sugared cranberries and sugared fondant holly leaves! I just couldn't have been happier with not only how cute and festive these cupcakes looked, but I was pleasantly surprised with the taste of the filling as well! A little on the tart side, but definitely not too much! I may have to give cranberries another shot after all! :)

2 comments:

  1. They look so Christmasy! Love the frosted look. I soak the cranberries in port to plump them up too. Well any excuse :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Pauline! I love your tip about soaking the cranberries - will have to remember that next time! :)

    ReplyDelete