Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Hydrangea Cake


I loved making this cake! And as far as inspiration goes...wow, where didn't I get inspiration from for this one? ;) I used a recipe from Sweetapolita's blog and combined techniques from I Am Baker and Glorious Treats for this lovely little cake! I made Sweetapolita's lemon blueberry layer cake with lemon curd filling (oh, so yummy!) and used a light lemon buttercream to pipe the hydrangea blossoms. The overall idea of the hydrangea cake was from I Am Baker, but the execution (using a Wilton 2D tip to pipe the blossoms) came from Glorious Treats. Again, loved making this little cake and can't wait to cut into it at our family's Easter meal!

*Note - Sweetapolita's recipe makes 3 - 9" layers, to make my cake - I used a 6" round pan and half a Wilton sports ball pan, and as you can guess I had leftover batter so I actually had enough to make two identical cakes.

You can find Sweetapolita's Lemon Blueberry Layer cake recipe here:

No comments:

Post a Comment