Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Friday, February 1, 2013

Simple Valentine's Day Cupcake Toppers

So this Valentine's Day, I really wanted to play around with making some cute, simple and inexpensive cupcake toppers :) Especially when I spotted this over sized Valentine's confetti at my local Michaels craft store - bingo! Just knew it would lend itself to a cute topper. Michaels is also where I scored the red & white striped paper straws and the heart printed ribbon and the best part - I only paid $1.99 a piece for each! Even less if you use a coupon! (The pink and white striped paper straws I had in reserve from another project). So how easy was it to make these? Oh, so easy. For the toppers using the confetti, I simply cut my paper straws in half (whole length was just way too tall to be sticking out of a cupcake, obviously) and used a cool melt glue gun to place a dot of glue at one end of the straw (but any craft glue should do the trick). Then I simply placed one piece of the confetti on top of the dot of glue - voila!

 As for the ribbons, they did require a bit of trimming - roll out a bit of the ribbon, fold around your straw (again, cut in half) and determine how long you want your flag to be, making your cut. Place a thin strip of glue down the entire length of ribbon and fold around the straw, pressing together. Trim the end of your ribbon and there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment