Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Friday, May 23, 2014

Buttercream Minnie Mouse Cake

I love making pretty, girly cakes - what can I say? I SO enjoyed making this little Minnie Mouse themed cake for my Nephew's little girl, who turned two years old - she's such a cutie! I wanted to decorate this cake with mainly buttercream - I love covering cakes in fondant, and tend to do mainly that - but really wanted to practice my buttercream. Still need SO much practice there! This was a chocolate and strawberry cake, with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream filling and frosting and fondant accents. I used one of my lovely cutters from Not Just Cakes by Annie to cut the name plaque from some white fondant, pulled up a picture of "Disney Font" on my iphone, and used that as a guide to freehand the birthday girl's name (using an edible food-color marker) - have to admit, I was pretty pleased with how well it turned out!


No comments:

Post a Comment