Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dots and Stripes Birthday Cake



This cake I did as a practice run for my Daughter's birthday cake. Her request (as of the present time!) is for a two-tier, Carolina blue and white, dots on the top tier cake. I had sketched something out on paper, but I really wanted to give it a go on an actual cake - hence today's cake! I covered the cake completely in fondant - top tier in Carolina blue, bottom tier in white. I then used white dots on the top tier and blue stripes on the bottom. I added alternating blue and white balls to trim the bottom of each tier and finished it off with a white fondant plaque bearing Taylor's name! Still up for discussion is whether we will top the cake with a blue gum paste "7" or if we'll use a white gum paste crown bearing a number "7". Feel free to add your vote as a comment! :o) *As you can see I did update this post showing the finished cake complete with a gum paste crown!*

2 comments: