Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Cat in the Hat Cake


Wow, was this ever a challenge! Here is my 2nd (and FINAL) entry for the 2011 NC State Fair for Decorated Cakes - my attempt at replicating a design by Andrea's Sweet Cakes. I've always admired the extreme perfection of Andrea's cake boards - if you know her work, not only are her cakes to the letter - but her boards are always perfectly coordinated - just gorgeous!! This year with my two State Fair entries was really my first attempt at covering cake boards with anything close to that type of precision, so a fun learning experience there to be sure! There are definitely parts of this cake I'd like to have improved upon, but overall I was quite pleased with how my first effort of this type of cake turned out. I think I had the most fun with the hand painted details - and this really surprised me as this was the part that terrified me the most! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment