Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Carolina Graduation Cake





I sooo enjoyed doing this cake!!! (and really and truly NOT just because I myself am a Carolina fan - honest!) This design is based on a beautiful cake seen by the grad's Mom on the site of one of my absolute favorite bakeries - Sugarland! Bottom tier was white vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream filling and icing with dark blue and carolina blue accents made out of fondant. Top tier was chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling and vanilla buttercream icing and the University symbol cut out of fondant. I then made a tiny chocolate cake and filled it with vanilla buttercream and covered it with carolina blue fondant to make a graduation cap for the topper!

No comments:

Post a Comment