Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Blue Elephant Baby Shower Cake




I don't seem to get too many opportunities to do the more "boyish" cakes even if they are baby boy cakes...somehow I'm always doing girly cakes - which don't get me wrong, I love!! But, it's so much fun to switch gears and change direction every once and a while! :) With this cake, my task was to match the Carters' Blue Elephant bedding collection, which is being used in the nursery - fun!! White vanilla cake with strawberry swiss meringue buttercream filling, covered with blue fondant which I marked to match the circle design found on the bedding. I then added a chocolate brown fondant strip at the base of the cake and finished if off with two little elephants I cut from fondant/gum paste mixture! Had so much fun with this design and was so in love with how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment