Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Monday, July 25, 2011

Butterbeer Cupcakes and a Fond Farewell







So I've seen Butterbeer cupcakes popping up left and right ever since blogger amybites posted the recipe and I finally succumbed after I had the chance to make some toppers to go along with my cupcakes...I mean, you can't have naked cupcakes right?! Especially not when you're making the cupcakes in honor of the end of one of your favorite book/movie series! To fix that problem, I decided to make golden snitches and broomsticks as toppers using fondant and gum paste and a little bit of shimmer dust! I went by Amy's recipe exactly - didn't try to change a thing and the cupcakes...wow, were they ever rich! Yummy, but definitely not for the faint of heart! Have your glass of milk nearby! :) Butterscotch cupcake, butterscotch filling, butterscotch buttercream and a butterscotch drizzle?! Wow! But could it really be any other cupcake when you're saying goodbye to one of your favorite characters? No, of course not! Many, many thanks to J.K. Rowling for sharing her wonderful world (and imagination!) with the rest of us! And...are you working on any other projects? Just curious... :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment