Favorite Quote Ever :)

Life is short. Eat more cake!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Angry Birds Birthday Cake


Well, it finally happened. My baby turned 10 years old! Can't believe he's that old already - trying to grow up so fast!(If they only knew, right?!) As my Dad would say, he's now officially a ten-ager (insert appropriate dad-joke groan here). This year my buddy requested an Angry Birds cake as that's his FAVORITE game on my phone whenever he gets hold of it :) He wanted a vanilla cake with vanilla swiss meringue buttercream as well, so that's exactly what he got! I hand formed the birds using a fondant/gum paste mixture and since those doggone pigs get on my nerves, I didn't feel they deserved to be 3-D, so I just put them on the side of the cake :) He was pretty excited and we all enjoyed the yummy cake (and tried not to dwell on how quickly the years are flying by!!) Happy Birthday to my Buddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment